Pages

9/21/11

Fingers Crossed

BUSINESS Farmscape, your family farmer

Having been a part-time residential gardener for five years in college, I spent a whole lot of time planting, weeding, and pruning all kinds of things. It's a good thing I loved it. Anyhow, I remember spending hours each week gathering pounds and pounds of plant debris and thinking that it'd be neat if all those branches and leaves I had individually hand-cut were somehow valuable.

weeding & pruning:waste material
as harvesting:fruits & vegetables

So, fingers crossed, I get to interview for a company that answers to such an opportunity, Farmscape. Maybe I'll get to be someone's 'friendly' family farmer and we'll all get to smile and eat healthy food under the sunny skies of so-cal.

Until then, I'll be savoring my last three weeks at the UCSC Farm & Garden. More specifically, the Up Garden (Alan Chadwick Garden).



No comments:

Post a Comment