Pages

5/17/11

Earthworks

URBAN FARM Earthworks Enterprises Community Farm

During my 3-month stint of unemployment and laze in LA, I happened to find myself at Earthworks in South El Monte [thank god]. I think my soul might have otherwise been void of meaning and rather full of annoying Hulu commercials. Thanks, Earthworks, for preserving my soul! Here are some pictures of the place.


organic, small-scale production

Sister Rashida [me] Andy

I'm not sure what the future has to throw at me, but regardless of what it is, I hope that the farm gets to grow into it's greatest potential. [Nerd time: It's like a very strong genetic variety of a valuable crop that does or does not produce ideal fruit depending on whether it receives the necessary environmental inputs: C, N, micronutrients, sunlight, irrigation, drainage, time, etc.]

Il faut cultiver notre jardin. We must cultivate our garden. -Voltaire, Candide. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment