Pages

11/20/14

You Are My Sunshine

Next January, it'll be my thirteenth semester at UC Berkeley and my thirty-first semester attending public school. Sort of sick and pretty privileged.

And it's the third time an occupation has occurred since I started. Although I've got no hopes of being an occupier, I do hope some of us can slip away and be builders of places for people to occupy and tear apart upon their will. In a way, UC Berkeley has been successful in inspiring folks to do this, just that the idea of the place is very big, heavy and pretty hard to crack in one go. 

The folk song, You Are My Sunshine, perpendicular to the UC's motto, Fiat Lux:

The other night, as I lay sleepin'
Dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke dar, I was mistaken'
An' I hung my head an' cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you an' make you happy
If you will only say th same
But if you leave me for another
You'll regret it all some day

You told me once't dear, you really loved me
An' no one else could come between
But now you left me for another
You have scattered all my dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment