Pages

10/3/11

Promagation

FLOWERS <3 them


Boutonnieres we made using little things from the garden. I think I could make these all day, everyday, never blink, and be happy.

Sometimes, when I try to make a mixed flower bouquet, I get to feeling a bit crazy and completely dissatisfied with the awkward lump of flower mess I have created. Choked in my hand, I look at it for way too long and wonder what's missing in its structure, texture, or color. Not knowing what to add or change, I tighten my grasp. Torture.

Thankfully, last week, my fellow Up Garden folks and I were graced with the pleasure of learning how to use flowers effectively from our talented apprentice friends, to make bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. Good for business. And good for things like prom, which happens to be tomorrow. Farm Prom, in the Greenhouse; 'Promagation,' as in 'Propagation.' :D It comes down to a loose grip, starting with a good structure, filling in space adequately, and using complimentary colors with a diversity of textures. To finally make a complete, satisfying bouquet that's easy on the eyes, it is liberating.

2 comments:

  1. this should be your job! reminds me of the corsage jon t made me for prom. and then his friend gave us a ride. i'm such a cheap date. altho it was in a black bmw suv and we listened to pink floyd...

    ReplyDelete