Pages

4/16/11

Week 1

I've just completed my first week as an apprentice at the Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems (CASFS).

Some highlights: Orin Martin, spade and fork preparation and bonding time, professional team building exercises, learning about pruning apple trees, string band sing-along, bike ride through Santa Cruz, barn dance at Pie Ranch, and THE FOOD IS AMAZING HERE i.e. medjool dates stuffed with chevre, pistachio, and almond alongside freshly picked strawberries, served as a snack during a break from building a 5' tall compost pile named Lady Elaine Fairchild, after the creepy puppet from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, what the heck. And so much more I can't remember right now.

2 comments:

  1. Steph I am so excited for you! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're starting!!! I will definitely be back in California before you're done, so I'm going to have to come visit... You rock my life. Have I mentioned that? And I also loved your comments about the farm skyscraper. We do love our "things" though, don't we?

    ReplyDelete