Pages

12/22/14

Dear Petaluma,




















































































At one point, it was midnight, and I started walking back to 2nd and G Street after a couple hours of red wine and tapas, reading Joan Didion for the first time over at the Speakeasy in Putnam Plaza. Before that, I'd spent a couple of hours roaming Downtown Petaluma, taking pictures of puddles in the night and getting the perfect reflection of the Grocery Outlet sign flipped onto the ground. Carefully closing some of my curtains, I made sure to become an anonymous, unmoving pile. At dawn, I walked out and got to hear the mud flats breathing in pinks and yellows. I picked up some donuts and coffee from a perfect place called Sunrise Donuts over at the unglorified shopping center and ate them on the docks while watching an egret expertly stalking a fish. Even though I'm totally over it, somehow, it was very worth the while.

Semester favorites: James Turrell, Gordon Matta-Clark, Jane Jacobs, Robert Smithson, Diana Balmori, Agnes Denes, Mary Miss, Gaston Bachelard, Joan Didion, and Cedric Price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment