Pages

6/30/12

invisible backpack

INSIDE Backpack

I found my invisible backpack today. A dog brought it to me, held between its teeth. Opened it up, surprised, and found that it's been quietly collecting a number of things for some time now.

Familiar bits and pieces that have been picked up over the years, packed into this backpack I had never seen before. Confused, I turned to find my visible backpack still sitting on the table where I set it just minutes ago. It is plain and sturdy, carefully constructed to endure the climate. I looked inside, surprised again. Little boxes and gift wrap. Packaging materials, in patterns and colors that perfectly coordinated with each item in the invisible backpack. 

Slightly horrified, I start a small fire. 






quiet
non-threatening
feminine
apolitical
childish
obedient
benign
weak
cute
industrious
capable of science only

2 comments:

  1. gentle, harmonious, artistic, intelligent, adventurous, loving kindness, endurance, perseverance, considering ........ Just like the Lily of the Valley with a simple pure gentle fragrance yet a root as deep as a sweet pine in Lebanon........

    ReplyDelete