Pages

11/23/11

succulent obsession

PLANT CRAFTS succulents

An empty salt & pepper shaker. All it needs is a little plant living inside.

The past three hours, I've been crouched in the corner, quietly arranging succulents in little glass jars. Succulents are desert plants that store much of their water and energy in their waxy, succulent leaves. They're real easy to propagate or pocket! Also, I say 'quietly' because I don't want to scare the good relatives that are housing me with my obsession over these things. Some points on why succulents are attractive: 1. they are easy to grow b/c they are adapted to harsh desert climates, 2. they look like synthetic, plastic toys, no?

All plant materials foraged from the public & private lands of San Jose. Don't tell.

It's fun to water this one. Currently lives in my car.

From the last UCSC Farm & Garden plant sale.

At Succulent Gardens in Castroville, a 2-acre warehouse of just succulents.

Workshop time -thanks, Alice :] Time to get back to work..

No comments:

Post a Comment